The best mentorships are more like the relationship between a parent and adult child than between a boss and employee. They’re characterized by mutual respect, trust, shared values, and good communication, and they find their apotheosis in the mentee’s transition to mentor. HBR March, 2017.
Business and Life routinely require assistance and Guidance. Many seek the experienced insights of those that have been in similar roles and situations. Especially those who do not have an agenda other than to assist you.
Professional success requires a myriad of skills, knowledge, and abilities, more than we could ever hope to learn on our own. That’s why mentors who can help us improve are so critical. – HBR Jan 2017
Who can benefit
- Emerging Leaders earlier in their career, those that are preparing for greater responsibility.
- Established Managers & Leaders, those that have enjoyed a long and successful career, with plenty of learnings along the way, looking for further development and what is ahead.
- Career Transitions. Those considering or are undertaking career transitions or looking for greater fulfillment. Perhaps as a result of selling a business. Or alternatively thinking about life and roles beyond large organisations.
- Outplacement. Those that may have left their work and are not sure exactly what is next for them. If redundancy or termination has occurred, there is coaching needed to take stock.
- Worklife Balance. Strained relationships, stress and the feeling of an incomplete life. All work and no play make for a one dimensional life. We need to make it three dimensional, pursuing three core elements of our lives: work, family & friend together with interests and hobbies.
Adam has held roles with successful experience including
- Director & Country Leadership in Global Organisations
- Go to Market Strategy & Execution
- Highly engaged People Leadership
- High Performing Teams
- B2B Marketing
- Sales Leadership & Sales Management
- Leading Managers
- Leading Leaders
- Retail Management
- Leading in Tech
- Senior Leadership Team
- Asia Pacific Roles
- Account Director Roles
- Key Account Management
- Lecturer in Charge
- Seminar Leader (small groups).
Adam is an experienced Leader and Manager in the following areas and markets including
- Communications Technologies & Networks
- Industrial Automation & Process Control
- Start Up Incubators
- Facilities Management
- Construction related
- HVAC Air Conditioning
- Building Products
- Building Automation & Electronic Security
- Automotive Sector
- Industrial Gases
- Water Technology