Clarity is often elusive, so far as what we seek to achieve and when we will take the necessary steps. I meet many successful business owners, business managers and leaders who lack clarity beyond the hear and now in their lives.
This is because our brain tolerates a lot of ambiguity, we don’t tend to step through and really explore what is going on and how we wish to better manage ourselves, our careers and our lives.
Many of us lead demanding and complex lives, working through how best to manage them and to make the most of them takes consistent reflection, thought and application.
Who can benefit
Executive Coaching works with a range of people, including:
- Emerging Leaders earlier in their career, those that are preparing for greater responsibility.
- Established Managers & Leaders, those that have enjoyed a long and successful career, with plenty of learnings along the way, looking for further development and what is ahead.
- Career Transitions. Those considering or are undertaking career transitions or looking for greater fulfillment. Perhaps as a result of selling a business. Or alternatively thinking about life and roles beyond large organisations.
- Those that may have left their work and are not sure exactly what is next for them. If redundancy or termination has occurred, there is coaching needed to take stock.
- Wellness Coaching as we age our bodies tend to tell us more how we are faring so far as looking after them. Indeed it is unreasonable to expect our minds to be sharp if our physicality is not. Thus many Executives seek Wellness assistance, to be holistic in ensuring a successful and long lived life.
- Worklife Balance. Strained relationships, stress and the feeling of an incomplete life. All work and no play makes for a one dimensional life. We need to make it three dimensional, pursuing three core elements of our lives: work, family & friend together with interests and hobbies.
Time poverty exists across all economic strata, and its effects are profound. Research shows that those who feel time-poor experience lower levels of happiness and higher levels of anxiety, depression, and stress. They experience less joy. They laugh less. They exercise less and are less healthy. Their productivity at work is diminished. They are more likely to get divorced. Time for Happiness HBR 2019 Ashley Whillans
Getting to know ourselves better helps drive that clarity, which can feel like a weight being lifted from our shoulders. Helping how we impact others; our behaviours, often described as checking ourselves in the mirror.
Charting the Course
Challenging oneself, as to what it is that I would like to do with this next phase? Defining, exploring, understanding, each month stopping to assess if this new path is heading in the right direction. Am I getting the development, taking the right steps? It can take time, however, can be very fulfilling and help us unlock potential.
Private vs Sponsored Coaching
Coaching can be either funded by the individual or sponsored by their business. I find assisting those that are curious about how they can better develop themselves, no matter what age and stage, has been an important and fulfilling direction in my career.
To kick things off, an initial complimentary coaching experience is available for those considering a coaching program to make the most of your work today and beyond.
Conducted via face to face or remotely, coaching can be considered a critical means to unlock our potential and realise our goals.